Question

Using Webhook by Zapier to catch user data and transform into a tag in CRM tool (Drip)

• 24 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello! 

I am using Zapier to send user data from a Product platform (Calixa) to a CRM platform (Drip), transforming this data into a tag on the CRM platform, thanks to a Zap. 

The product platform is Calixa. Users show up on the platform with a number of data attributed to them. Let’s take an example: an answer to a question A they were asked on a survey just after signing up. Question A has multiple answers option, X, Y and Z. When User answer Z, I created an automation on Calixa, using Webhooks by Zapier that catch the answer and use the automation name as a tag in Drip. I am sharing the Zap settings in the screenshots. 

My issue is that in a random manner, some users gets “some” tags but not all of them. I checked and all data is showing up in the product platform, but Zapier seems to catch only a part of the data, and because it is random for each user not matter how much I try I cannot find a pattern nor an explanation. 

Has anyone ever got the same issue? Could it be a matter of limit of tasks on my Zapier plan? 

Thanks a lot for the help! 

Claire

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Clairedhy 

Good question.

We would need to see more screenshots with specific examples of the data being used to have a better understanding of what you are dealing with and trying to configure.

If you are running Zaps live, then check the Zap Runs history logs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.

https://zapier.com/app/history/