Question

Using the miro's rest api with zapier's webhook to create new app card item.

• 7 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hey Guys, I have been trying to get data from google sheets -> then using zapier webhook , making a post call to create a new app card item.
Im not using miro card widget directly because it doesn’t have all the fields, like profile url and various data objects.

https://developers.miro.com/reference/create-app-card-item

So, when I try the post, its says "Failed to create a request in "Webhooks by Zapier
The app returned "No authorization data was found on the request". but I have provided Authorization, Accept and Content-Type. Can someone please help me with the issue? or can you replicate the same if it works for you?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TrexMark32 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error, thanks.

Hey Guys, I have been trying to get data from google sheets -> then using zapier webhook , making a post call to create a new app card item.
Im not using miro card widget directly because it doesn’t have all the fields, like profile url and various data objects.

https://developers.miro.com/reference/create-app-card-item

So, when I try the post, its says "Failed to create a request in "Webhooks by Zapier
The app returned "No authorization data was found on the request". but I have provided Authorization, Accept and Content-Type. Can someone please help me with the issue? or can you replicate the same if it works for you?

Hi @TrexMark32 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error, thanks.

Hey @Troy Tessalone, thank you for getting back.

here are the above details

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TrexMark32 

Some things to check/try…

For the headers, put the left side as lowercase as shown below. (e.g. accept, authorization, content-type)

The left side needs a value of: data

Else try using a Custom Request (POST)

@TrexMark32

Some things to check/try…

For the headers, put the left side as lowercase as shown below. (e.g. accept, authorization, content-type)

The left side needs a value of: data

Hey @Troy Tessalone, I changed the structure of data a little bit and I was able to send some part of data, how ever Im not able to send the one which is in array.

Accepted JSON structure:
​​​​​

How zapier is accepting JSON:

In the data section, we can pas data _ _ keyName, i.e, the first two, then the call is successful. But when it comes to ‘fields’ which is an array of objects, in the above json, it is not allowed by zapier, can you suggest me something here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TrexMark32