Best answer

using chat gpt 4 with interface for chat model

• 7 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone - i have successfully implemented chat gpt 3.5 for interfaces - see ocean-view.ai (scroll down for ai talk) - but i have just been granted access to chat gpt 4 api and I want to change the model but do not see to be granted this option on interface even when i connect my open ai account - any insight? thanks so much for any help

icon

Best answer by ocean view ai 9 August 2023, 07:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ocean view ai,

You can connect your own OpenAI API key to your Zapier Interface chatbot component to use GPT-4. You'll find this new option within the chatbot component editor here

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

ok thanks for this i have connected my account but still only shows 3.5 is this just a matter of time because i was just granted access? thx for your input

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ocean view ai! 👋

Can I just double-check whether you got a notification from OpenAI to say you were granted access, or did recently upgrade to a ChatGPT Plus plan which then gave you access to the GPT-4 model? 

Asking as access to GPT-4 via API isn't available to everyone yet. It looks like on 6th July OpenAI granted GPT-4 API access for existing API developers with a history of successful payments. And it should become available to everyone else around the end of July: How can I access GPT-4?

If you were recently granted GPT-4 API access, then I’d have thought that the option to select it should have become available to select by now. Did you regenerate the API key after being granted GPT-4 API access? If not I’d suggest setting up a new API key in ChatGPT and then add that to the Chatbot Component.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

thanks so much Sam for taking the time to respond - will answer your questions in turn here:

1. yes i have been given access to gpt 4 - i can use it in the playground on open ai and I see the python code to use should I be able to access programming directly.
  2. yes i regenerated a new key, but when i connect with zapier - just done now with new key - I am still only able to select the old 3.5 - does zapier allow for this choice - should it be available to me? I can see on the playground how to enter in code directly but not an option that I can see how to do on zapier?

thanks so much for taking the time to respond it is greatly appreciated : )

Userlevel 1
Badge

for example from playground i am given this to start using gpt 4 in my application (i have to enter in my api)

import os
import openai

openai.api_key = os.getenv("OPENAI_API_KEY")

response = openai.ChatCompletion.create(
  model="gpt-4",
  messages=[
    {
      "role": "user",
      "content": ""
    }
  ],
  temperature=1,
  max_tokens=256,
  top_p=1,
  frequency_penalty=0,
  presence_penalty=0
)

Userlevel 1
Badge

with the directions:

View code

You can use the following code to start integrating your current prompt and settings into your application

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to us here @ocean view ai! 🙂

Ah, it seems like I misunderstood previously and you’re actually using Natural Language Actions, not the ChatBot component on Zapier Interfaces

In which case, it might be worth submitting a ticket here so the team can investigate why you’re not able to select the option to use the GPT-4 model.

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution but please do keep us in the loop on how you get on. Keen to make sure you’re all set! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi this was solved - it just took a week or so for chatgpt 4 to show up in the menu - thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s brilliant news, @ocean view ai! 😁🎉

Thanks so much for following up here, I’m so glad the GPT-4 model is now available to select. Happy Zapping! ⚡