Best answer

Upload Video to YouTube with Webhooks - size limit

• 18 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m looking to create an automation to make a YouTube post given a description and a video file. 

When I tried using webhooks, I was getting an error, as my video was larger than 10MB, so the request was being rejected. 

Then, I thought I would use S3 instead as the trigger. But the problem I ran into there is that the trigger can only get one of the files at a time, not both the description and the video file. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might use Zapier to automate this? It seems that webhooks won’t do because the video file is too large, but I can’t think of another way to send both a text description and a video file for the YouTube Action part of the Zap.

Let me know, thank you. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 June 2021, 11:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @podcastpartnership 

SoftTimeLimitExceeded Error

The process of downloading the video (from the origin), and uploading it to YouTube must finish within 180 seconds (3 minutes), otherwise, our system will cancel the process.
We suggest compressing your video in order for it to be uploaded properly.

Userlevel 1

Hi @podcastpartnership 

SoftTimeLimitExceeded Error

The process of downloading the video (from the origin), and uploading it to YouTube must finish within 180 seconds (3 minutes), otherwise, our system will cancel the process.
We suggest compressing your video in order for it to be uploaded properly.

Thanks for your reponse. 

However, I believe I’m getting a different error. It fails almost immediately with a 413 Entity Too Large response. 

And as per your documentation here - https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-webhooks 

“The maximum webhook size we currently support for triggers is 10MB.”

So that seems to be my problem at the moment. And I’m not able to compress the video down to <10MB

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@podcastpartnership 

Yeah, unfortunately trying to transfer large payloads via Zapier tends to be a limitation across most apps for these reasons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @podcastpartnership

I can see that you’ve contacted our Support team and they were able to help with this! :)

For anyone else running into a similar issue, here’s our Support team’s response which may be helpful:

Would it be possible to have the incoming webhook which triggers the Zap contain an identifier so that the file can be accessed from a 3rd party cloud storage solution in a subsequent step (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc..)?

For example, the Zap might look something like this:

1. Trigger - Cath Hook (receive the name, description, URL, and/or some other value that identifies the file where it's stored).
2. Action - Find/Retrieve the File (using a search step for the app/service where the file is stored using a value from the webhook payload as the lookup value).
3. Action - Upload Video in YouTube (the Trigger step gives us access to the name/description/etc, and step 2 gives us access to the file).