Question

Upload File & Send DocuSign Envelope to Customer - INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER

• 20 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I am looking to automate the sending of PDFs to customer to retrieve a signature from them, trying to lock down the meat of the automation before adding in better triggers & other actions which will help us customize the emails & write back to our CRM.

This is the start, when a new PDF is added to a specific OneDrive folder, Upload that PDF to DocuSign & send out for signature. 

From here, I use the file found in step one and upload to DocuSign. There are very few fields so I am not sure why I am getting an error

Failed to create an envelope using document in DocuSign

Could not create signature request: INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER: The request contained at least one invalid parameter. A document was defined without setting the 'name' field.

I am not sure where to set the ‘name’ field as I don’t see it anywhere as an option. Could it be something with our DocuSign account? Like we dont have a level that pays for Webhooks?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FrankP 

Good question.

Seems to be that a Name field is not being exposed to show the name field, nor is the DocuSign action configured internally to set the name field automatically.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help