Question

Updating Column Values in Monday Not Linking?

• 31 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi 

I am running into a specific issue with Zaping into Monday.com monday board 

Currently we have a Webhook of Data > going into a Google Sheet and we have actions on this

Trigger Webhooks (Works)

Action > Look up spreadsheet row in google sheet (Works) 

This is where the Path Breaks off left and right to Update and New Lead 

Action > New Lead > Add to google Sheet ( That works )
Action > New LEad > Add to Monday.com Monday Board (That Works)

Action > Update Lead > Update Google Sheet (Works)

Action > Update Lead > Update Monday Board with same ID FAILS

But when I try and update a column in Monday from our Webhooks it tells me this below

​​​​​​

I am trying to update Data columns of data and find the Lead ID or the Monday ID (Pulse ID) 

Anytime our CRM makes an update we want it to go to a google sheet and Monday.com 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

I feel like it has to do with pulling the map of the id it needs to find? 

Thanks,
James ​​​​​​​

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jamesb26 

Good question,

Some things to check.

• Make sure the Monday Item ID you are testing with actually exists on the Monday Board.
  • Make sure the mapped Monday Item ID doesn’t have leading/trailing whitespace.
  • Check to see if it’s another field value that is causing the error.

Hi Troy 

Thank you, 

The research I did I realized the not to do in Google sheets and Monday board data while connecting to zapier was to not delete data in the linked google sheet which we have done in our team as we were testing. 

So we are restarting fresh with no data to hopefully reset zapier 

I was noticing in the fields when we are mapping I would see old data that use to be there still linked after I already deleted it. 

I wish there was a way to tell zapier to stay up to date instead of caching older data