Question

Trying to find zapier field reference ids

• 12 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I was using a template to send a message via webhook from ringcentral. I was putting in a field reference id such as: {{167720013__COL$E}}. And it would pull the value from column E inside my google sheet and put it in the message. 

I was not hard coding this message into the webhook I was simply putting the message in a google sheet cell and then doing a lookup. That way my clients can just edit the message when they want instead of having to edit a zap, which they dont want to do. 

See pictures below.

I would like to know how to find this field reference ID: {{167720013__COL$E}}. It seems to have changed and I cannot find how to get it again.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @markp ,

The way that mapping format works is that the first number after the {{ is the id of the step you want to pull the field from and the part after the __ is the field name.

So, for {{167720013__COL$E}}, that step will look for the “COL$E” field from step 167720013.

You can find the ID of the step you’re looking at by looking at the last number of the URL when you’re editing the step in the Zap editor.

Hope that answers your question! Let us know if you need any more help

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @markp ,

Like @shalgrim said, this is the zap ID. Another easy and quick way to do that is to map the field’s dynamically inside the RingCentral step (copy paste this script into the message part of Ringcentral) then you would see if those fields mapped correctly. If not, update them as needed, copy the message body and paste it in google sheet, you will get the required outcome.