Question

Triggering Mailchimp's Timewarp feature via Webhook

• 7 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I am in the process of setting up an automation to create and send emails in Mailchimp. 

The Zapier MailChimp integration does not have “Schedule Campaign” as a pre-built action, however the Mailchimp API has that capability. 

I would like to send a POST webhook over to Mailchimp with the campaign ID, date I want to schedule and a parameter called “timewarp” set to “true”. This will make sure the email goes to the customer at the time in their time zone

After a number of failed attempts I reached out to Mailchimp support and this is what they said:

The entire query being submitted is as follows:
https://us11.api.mailchimp.com/3.0/campaigns/5e4c965bce/actions/schedule?schedule_time=2022-11-30T07:30:00.000Z&timewarp=true
Essentially, this is a call being made entirely in one line, and it seems that, for whatever reason, this isn't being accepted, returning the "15-minute increment" error message, despite it passing logically. However, submitting a POST request to the /3.0/campaigns/5e4c965bce/actions/schedule endpoint with the following body:

{
"schedule_time": "2022-12-30T07:30:00.000Z",
"timewarp": true
}
doesn't return the same error and properly works, at least when working directly with our API. Logically, this is the same statement, but it appears that using a single URL with UTM parameters is not accepted. Formatting it directly into JSON and submitting it that way is the way to go.

I cannot say for certain how Zapier would handle this request, so you may need to work directly with Zapier support or some more familiar with working with Zapier directly.

I have the webhook payload type set to JSON and have tried sending this both wrapped in an array and not with an equal lack of success. 

So - throwing it out here in the hope that anyone has seen this problem in sending data in a URL and has some sort of way to make this work. 

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @CloudAppSociety 

Can you share a screenshot of your Webhook by Zapier step with your configuration?

Read more about making API call from Zapier: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496326446989#using-the-custom-request-action-0-4

@robschmidt only thing below this is the authorization which is working