Too Many Webhooks Registered

• 13 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I disable unused webhooks for an event

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 February 2023, 17:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zoe 

Good question.

Please provide more info/screenshots so we have more context about your question, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy!

I build Follow-Up Boss systems for clients, and many of our zaps utilize FUB Webhooks to do other things (each zap is built for each client in their own zap account). After months of building, we received the attached error from Zapier. 

I thought 2 webhooks per event could be registered for each FUB account. for example, a dealsUpdated event for FUB. I received this error while trying to activate a new request link.

Is there a way I can previously used webhooks so I can delete them. I’ve tried removing/deleting webhooks from other zaps so I can create a fresh request but it isn’t working

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zoe 

Good question.

Here’s a trick to trigger multiple Zaps that have a webhook trigger from 1 link.

Triggering Multiple WebHooks At Once

If you have three Zaps with webhook URLs that look like this:

You can combine them into a single URL like this:

Requests sent to this URL will trigger all three webhook URLs at once.

Userlevel 1

I can’t have them in seperate links?

Userlevel 1

If I do want to combine the Urls moving forward, I can’t create a request for the dealsUpdated event type because it says too many unused webhooks active

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zoe 

Based on the error message it seems that for certain FUB Events there are too many webhooks active that are not being used.

Seems like there is a limit to the # of active webhooks for a single FUB Event or across FUB Events.

That would likely indicicate that inactive webhooks have to be cleared out of FUB in order to avoid the error.

You can also try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Yes.

Do you know how to clear inactive webhooks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zoe 

Unless it can be managed in the FUB settings, then the FUB API may need to be used: https://docs.followupboss.com/reference/webhooks-guide#disabling-webhooks

I’d suggest reaching out to Zapier Support to see what guidance they can provide for this issue.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for your help!