Best answer

Text split by comma

• 23 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I am trying to format a text separated by commas, but every time the result is just one string. 

I have read the previous answers to this problem and I have already used the “formatter → utilities” option but still gives me the same result. 

While using the utilities option should I add on the separator field [:comma:] ? I ask to be sure, but I have already tried it and I still have a string after using the result on the “formatter text” option. 

On another thread, I also read that by using coding split.() we could obtain the split of the string. Nevertheless, I am not really an expert coding, and I am still struggling. 

Of what I have read the output should be: 

Output = { “Field_name” : result }} 

If the result should depend on the different data given by the split, how should I create my Onput? 

If someone was able to solve this problem without coding, could you please let me know how? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 23 October 2020, 19:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide examples of your input data that you’re trying to split and the desired output format.

App: Formatter > Text > Split

Article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-use-formatter-functions#using-split-text

Hello Troy, 

The Input data is a comment with a dish list 

I just want to have one output per dish to be able to fill in an HTML 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try these Zap app settings:

One issue I noticed is that if you split by comma the first segment will include this: “Shot list:”

It’s perfect thanks !