Best answer

Submitting values to a form

• 6 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi,

In the application I’m trying to use as a trigger, it can’t accept values sent to it in a POST in the body and expects to see them as form values. In the same way as if someone filled out a website form and hit submit.

Can anyone point me at a way to do that please?

Kevin

icon

Best answer by kevin_r 22 April 2020, 09:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kevin_r  welcome to the community! 

Could you give us a little more detail about what you’re trying to do here? It sounds like you’re using a Catch Webhook as the trigger for the Zap, is that right? And what other app(s) and action(s) are you using? If we know some more information we’ll be able to get on the same page 🙂

Userlevel 3

Hi @Danvers ,

I’m calling an API which was built using a java platform called Railo which has some limits. I’m trying to call the api which expects a POST rather than a GET. I have not got as far as using any other apps yet.

The API method I am calling will return an array of users but at the moment it is not seeing anything as it can’t see the values sent in the body,

Kevin

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kevin_r! I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you, were you able to get to the bottom of this?

Userlevel 3

Hi, @Danvers I have managed to get the trigger to work by using URL parameters. I would really prefer to submit the values as if the form was being submitted but I can’t see how to do that. Our application has no way to see variables submitted in the body.

Kevin

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kevin_r Thanks for letting us know how you solved this! 

I’m sorry that you couldn’t get it working in the way that you wanted, but I’m glad that you were able to get to the bottom of things 🙌