Question

Start zap 5 minutes before start time

• 11 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Just learning zaps and trying to do something simple. I found some info that looked relevant but I don’t know how to implement it.

Want to start the zap 5 minutes before the start time [eg. start time is 2pm, start zap 1:55pm). Added 5 minutes before in the Time Delayed for, but doesn’t work.

Here is what I tried in the image attached.

Thanks for looking.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cinezap 

Good question.

What Zap trigger app and event are you trying to use?

The Delay will only work to delay the Zap for a period of time after the Zap has already triggered.

Hi @Cinezap 

Good question.

What Zap trigger app and event are you trying to use?

The Delay will only work to delay the Zap for a period of time after the Zap has already triggered.

This is a webhook that unlocks an app for a screen after a user has booked a session. Everything works fine, just looking to unlock app 5 minutes before so user can setup earlier. Is this possible?

Here is a post I found that may work for this, except I’m not sure how to implement the answer given :

use Delay by Zapier to delay the next step of the Zap until a time/day of your choosing (ie the start time minus 10 minutes)

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cinezap

Please post screenshots showing all of your Zap steps.

If the Zap trigger is a Webhook, then a Delay step can only be used to delay the Zap after the Zap Run has triggered.

What app is sending the webhook to trigger the Zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cinezap 

For example, if you were using the GCal as the Zap trigger, then it’s possible to use this Zap trigger event:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Cinezap!

Were you able to take a look at Troy’s suggestion? He’s absolutely right that the easiest way to trigger a Zap a set time before an event starts is using the Google Calendar event start trigger. When you set up the trigger you can set when you want the Zap to trigger (eg 30 minutes before the start of the event)

If using Google Calendar wouldn’t work in this case, could you please share some more information about the event that you’d like to trigger the Zap from? Thanks!