Best answer

SquareSpace Commerce data via webhook

• 2 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi friends, I have a Squarespace commerce account that I am trying to grab data from via a webhook GET. 

The flow currently is:

1. New order in stripe
  2. Webhook to take stripe metadata ID for stripe order and connect to Squarespace Commerce API for full order data at that metadata ID
  3. Take order data from SS and map fields to airtable record

When I am doing this in test with the Zap off, it is able to grab the appropriate data from the webhook and pushes it to Airtable. However, when the Zap is on and live, it doesn’t grab the actual webhook data. All the fields are blank. I took a look at the same Squarespace endpoint in Postman and it looks like the data it is grabbing in Zapier in the test is correct and the same JSON. When I contacted Support, they said that it might be actually a step nested further under “Result”, but I’m not seeing that in Postman, and adding “restult__” to my pills didn’t do it. Anyone have any ideas here? Happy to provide any other data that’s helpful. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 September 2020, 17:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’ve done this setup for a client.

Here are the Zap Steps.

Step 2 in the Zap is used to find the Squarespace ID to be used in the Squarespace GET API to Retrieve Order.

Userlevel 1

I’ve done this setup for a client.

Here are the Zap Steps.

Step 2 in the Zap is used to find the Squarespace ID to be used in the Squarespace GET API to Retrieve Order.

Thanks for this, Troy - meaning, that if I don’t have a “find” after the new charge that it won’t automatically grab that metadata ID, which is why it won’t pull?

Thanks for your help, I’ll try it out! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Correct, when I was configuring this I noticed that during testing the Squarespace ID was provided, but for live charges the Squarespace ID was not provided, hence the need to add the Stripe Find Charge step to get the Squarespace ID.

Userlevel 1

Correct, when I was configuring this I noticed that during testing the Squarespace ID was provided, but for live charges the Squarespace ID was not provided, hence the need to add the Stripe Find Charge step to get the Squarespace ID.

Troy, I could literally cry. It’s something so simple, I should have tried it 10 days ago! Thank you SOOO much!