Question

SQS - Zapier - Monday: Error message from zapier: " invalid value, please check our API documentation..."

Hi, i am getting some errors from Zapier.

Error Message:

32 monday.com: invalid value, please check our API documentation for the correct data structure for this column. https://monday.com/developers/v2#column-values-section

Problem:
So i am trying to Zap some information from a SQS form and into Monday. I understood that i had to use JSON in the field in order for zapier to get the right format. 

When i test it before i run the Zap, everything works fine and a new item is created successfully in Monday. But when i try everything from my website i get an email from Zapier telling me that an error has occurred. The error is the “Error Message” above.
When i remove the email field, everything works fine again. So this is where the issue has to be. 

The email field and the code:

{"email" : "{{120460624__1e7ea3ff17b10fdf01d3affc9490d5a22784af20}}", "text": "{{120460624__1e7ea3ff17b10fdf01d3affc9490d5a22784af20}}"}

Website where the form is;
https://utvendigvedlikehold.no/kontakt

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @carlthan 

Try just passing the dynamic email parameter w/o the JSON format.

If you are also passing other data points, the error may stem from the formatting from another data point.

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Without the JSON format it won´t let me proceed from the testing. The following error ouccurs then;

But with the JSON the “Test” in Zapier works fine, but the real and online version then sends me an email with the seemingly same error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@carlthan

What Monday action are you trying to perform?

Perhaps include screenshots of the entire Zap step configuration.

Try just this: {"email" : "[EMAIL]"}

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@carlthan 

Have you tried escaping the quotes as shown in the docs?

"{\"email\":\"itsmyemail@mailserver.com\",\"text\":\"my email\"}"
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @carlthan, hope you’re well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to solve the issue with the information provided here, or can we still help?