Skip to main content
Question

Shopify API order request

• 17 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Don't know if this is possible with Zap, but still trying and hoping someone can help.

I have a shopify store and a "private" supplier, with an extremely large number of products. I use syncee and filter the products using “SKU equal to” so that I can sync the products I want into my store. In addition, there are others who sell the same product, so I synchronize every two hours due to availability. So far, so good.

Syncee won't let me do api order request with their data feed manager. My supplier does not accept automated or manual orders such as auto-generated emails, csv files or the like.

That means I have to order through api order request. I have heard that the shopify api cannot use SKUs when it comes to order requests. API Order request via the supplier's URL, my login details, the method is POST, php and json.

Was hoping to avoid hiring a developer to solve this and that zap might be the solution. Attaches a picture of the flow from the supplier  and wondering if this can be solved via api request beta or webhook actions in zap?

Grateful for all replies.
Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mallabarius 

Options for using APIs in Zap steps:

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Mallabarius ,

Yes, this is possible to build on Zapier. You can use Webhook by Zapier to create a order

Thank you very much for the answers so far.

So if I understand you correctly, the automation should be able to work if I sell an item in the shopify store, is the api order request "triggered" automatically?

Would this be best using webhook actions and shopify api request beta? If someone has the time and energy, it would be nice to have a suggestion for a setup. 

thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Sure, You can reach out to a Zapier expert here . You can reach out to me also if you need with a suggestion. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Mallabarius Yes, you are right, some helpful suggestion here for the order request to your supplier. Hope I understood ur use case well. You have to replace the data below obviously. Pls ping me if you need extra help. 

Configure the Webhook POST Request:

• Method: Select "POST".
  • URL: Enter the endpoint URL where you want to send the data (e.g., https://api.example.com/order).
  • Data Pass-Through: Leave this unchecked.
  • Data: Enter the JSON payload with the input parameters. Here’s an example payload (but you have to replace the inputs):

{ "login": "your_login_id", "password": "your_password", "ship_name": "John Doe", "ship_email": "john.doe@example.com", "ship_tel": "1234567890", "ship_zip": "12345", "ship_country": "USA", "ship_address": "123 Main St, Anytown, USA", "sku": "sku01", "quantity": "1", "mode": "test" }