Question

Sharepoint Custom parent folder location

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to create a folder on a sharepoint site and the location is /Documents/……. but I would like to know what is the proper format of the custom location I need to put on the “Parent Folder”

The error says undefined and should start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl but I don’t know what and where can I find that.

Basically, I needed the location based on the value I got from a custom webhook. Additionally, is there a way for Zapier to check if the folder/s has been created already? I have tried to create a folder that already exists and still the zap shows as success. I wanted my zap not to push through if the specific folder is already there.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Thomas-Louis 

Good question.

For guidance, check the dropdown list of options in the Parent Folder field to see the expected values. (smaller gray value for each option)

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

The dropdown gives an option to specify the parent folder but I wanted to have the location dynamic using the custom option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Thomas-Louis 

The guidance was to view the dropdown list of options to see how the folder structure naming convention is formatted to provide guidance on how to make the value dynamic using the ‘Custom’ option.

Believe you can drill into folders to get to the subfolders.

You want to mimic the smaller gray value for each Folder option.