Question

SendGrid API Call _ Basic Form [Personalizations Array]

• 17 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I started working with SendGrid, and trying to send an email with a basic POST, SendMail request.

Usually, I am experimenting with Postman first and then transfer the result to Zapier once done. I am not a developer and don’t know how to write code - so need that infrastructure.

My issue is that with SendGrid, the API documentation refers to some “Personalizations” which is mentioning Arrays, which I don’t know where and how to write in the standard fields of POST in Zapier.

Usually. I put the authorization, and in the body just complete: Key:Value, Key:Value and so on.

Here, this does not work. It is array, with sub object - I tried a lot of things, even considered writing JSON in Raw form, but I really don’t want to go down that rabbit hole..

Any idea how these fit in the standard forms of Zapier?

Some screenshots for reference..

Thank you in advance,

Dori

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Dori!

I’m no expert developer, but from what I gather you’re going to need to use the Custom Request option in Webhooks by Zapier:

Then go here and look at this:

That’s an example of the format that you would then use here:

It will likely take some playing around with it to get it exactly as you need, but that should get you started :)