Question

SCRIPT TIMEOUT

• 19 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello - 

I am in need of urgent assistance regarding Zapier’s script timeout of 30 secs. Is there *anyway* possible way to increase this limit? You can increase from 10 to 30 seconds via upgrading, why can you not pay to increase further? 

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas + help. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Modia ,

Maybe you can try to split the code into multiple Code by Zapier actions as a workaround.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Hey Agileops - 

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, this won’t work as I am using an LLM and the script needs to run all at once. Let me know if you have any other insights. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Modia 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: Formatter > Text > Split Text into Chunks for AI Prompts

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Modia 

Zap Code rate limits documented here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496181445261-Rate-limits-and-throttling-in-Zapier#webhook-throttling-0-4

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Modia 

Another approach would be to run an AWS Lambda function that then triggers a webhook when finished.

I need my Lambda function to return data to my Zap

That is currently not possible with our AWS Lambda integration. Please contact support to be notified if we are able to add this in the future.

As an alternative, you might want to create a second Zap, using a Webhook trigger, and have your function send a request there, to continue the workflow with a new Zap.

Chunking won’t work as i’m already using a vector DB, so it will become over parsed. Yeah, my timeout limit is 30 secs, I’m in discussion with Zapier regarding increasing the limit, but in the meantime, scripts are mostly unusable for me, thus looking for a workaround. 

I don’t understand why the limit is so short..

I’m not sure I understand the Lamda approach? Both ends would require a webhook, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Modia 

The concept would be to use 2 Zaps.

Zap 1

Send the data to a Lambda function, instead of using a Zap code step.

The Lambda function would be configured to fire a webhook at the end when it finishes processing.

Zap 2

If you need to run additional Zap steps, then this Zap is triggered by a Webhook - Catch Hook that would be fired by the end of the Lambda function.

Ah, I see. That’s an interesting idea, will try for sure. Do you do consulting work? I am actually on the hunt for a consultant. Would you be interested in chatting further? Can make any form of comms work

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Modia 

I send you a DM.