Question

How do I automatically send RingCentral voicemail transcriptions to Gorgias without users needing to click on a URL?

Userlevel 1

I search around but couldn’t find anything.

Has anyone been able to send the ringcentral voicemail transcription to gorgias?

I can send the URL but a user still needs to click on the URL to see the txt file.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @OrganicTeam 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Just to ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

I want to ensure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Userlevel 1

Using a JSON template provided by gorgias.io (which was outdated and needed some adjustments) the zap should trigger when a new voicemail is created in ringcentral and create a support ticket in our gorgias for customer service to handle. 

I can get the actions to perform, but the ticket was designed to provide a link to an audio file of the voice mail. RingCentral is able to transcribe those voicemails into text for a quicker review. I can not figure out how to get the transcription to be the body text of the file. In the screenshot below the “Message Content” is a url that opens up the txt file of the transcription (extra clicking and copy/pasting needed) and the “Transcript” is always blank/no data.

First zap for me, appreciate the help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @OrganicTeam 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

I checked our internal notes and found this:

Customer can use the field messageContent to get the transcription of the voicemail in a .txt file format. Also this transcription will be available only if vmTranscriptionStatus is Completed.

Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 1

I just checked, in the test the vmTranscriptionStatus is completed and I am puling the messageContent field into the JSON. But it only passes a URL that links to the .txt file.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @OrganicTeam 

As per checking, gorgias.io isn’t supported by Zapier yet. Could you elaborate more on how you’ve configured the Zap so far? Sending screenshots of the steps would be okay. (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Userlevel 1

Here is the documentation on the gorgias site for setting up various zaps using RingCentral as the trigger.

I followed the steps in the Create new Ticket when Voicemail is created section. Only modifications were how to sign in via API instead of user credentials and I modified the JSON code slightly per the screenshot above for how the ticket is created in gorgias.

https://docs.gorgias.com/en-US/ring-central-81801

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @OrganicTeam 

I opened the documentation and saw that this can be done by using Webhooks. Are you using Webhooks by Zapier action step? If so, can you please send screenshots for more context on how the Zap is set up?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Any  ideas?

Hi,

I am also having trouble with this. I am having trouble setting up the Gorgias integration as is and would love a better walk through than the one Gorgias provides. Anyone have any help or a walk through guide on how to get Zapier to open a Ring Central voicemail as a new ticket in Gorgias?