Skip to main content
Question

Response content is too large to be processed

• 20 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I’m working on a Zap that downloads the Zoom audio recording and saves it to Google Drive.

I’ve been able to build out the Zap to successfully download and save the transcript from Zoom to Google Drive, but I’m running into an error with the audio recording because it’s > 5 MB.

For the transcript, I:

1. get the download URL and download access token from zoom. The download access token must be passed as a bearer token in the authentication header.
  2. Pass that to a Zapier Webhook get Request. This returns a file hydrate token
  3. I use the Files by Zapier to read that file and get the text
  4. Then I use that response to save it as a Google Doc. Easy peasy!

Zoom does have an action to download the meeting recording, but that’s a bit too big for storage purposes. I.e., sometimes that’s 250 MB whereas the Audio file is only 6 MB.

I don’t think I can directly pass the download URL to Google Drive because I need to pass the download access token in the header.

Any suggestions on how to get around this 5 MB limit?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Andrew504 

For us to have more context, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with the encountered error.

Successfully able to download the transcript
Query to download the transcript. Authentication options in header not show.
This action is the same as above, and the URL and authentication works when used in Postman; however, the file there is 6 MB.

It’s a bit of a complex Zap at the moment, but screenshots of the issues. I’m able to download the small file (a VTT transcript) easily. However, attempting to download the audio file produces the error seen above.

Really, the question boils down to how I can get a file that is > 5 MB and is only accessible by sending an authentication header into a Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Andrew504 

Have you tried using one of these available Zoom triggers/actions?

Yes.

The find recording only works on recordings that the connected account hosts. I’m an Admin and am trying to do it for all recordings. But that doesn’t really get me the audio recording, anyway.

The Find Recording and Download Action *does* work, but as I mentioned in the original post:

Zoom does have an action to download the meeting recording, but that’s a bit too big for storage purposes. I.e., sometimes that’s 250 MB whereas the Audio file is only 6 MB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Andrew504 

Can you show screenshots with how Zap step 11 is configured in the ‘Action’ tab section?

@Andrew504

Can you show screenshots with how Zap step 11 is configured in the ‘Action’ tab section?

It’s essentially identical to Step 10: It’s a URL provided by a prior step, with a Bearer token for Authentication. That’s it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Andrew504 

Since we haven’t been able to see how Zap step 11 is configured for the Action tab, check to make sure it’s the audio recording URL.

Maybe the access token expires after being used in Step 10.

Perhaps try using a Custom Request (GET).