Question

Response content is too large to be processed.

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Zapier Community,

I'm currently facing an issue with my custom webhook that converts webpages to PDF and uploads them to Google Drive. Whenever I try to process a file larger than 5MB, I receive an error message from Zapier stating, "Response content is too large to be processed." I'm wondering if this is the hard limit for this type of process.

It's surprising to encounter such a low file size limit, especially since I recently upgraded to the professional plan in the hopes of resolving this issue. However, it seems that the error persists even with the upgraded plan.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with file size limitations when using custom webhooks in Zapier? I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or workarounds to overcome this limitation. Are there any ways to increase the file size limit, either through configuration or other means?

Thank you all in advance for your help and support!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rpblock! 👋

What app API are you sending the request to in the Webhooks by Zapier action? It could be that the app’s API that converts the webpage into a PDF has a limit on the size of the file it can work with? 

Do you think that could be the case here or is that app’s API able to work with files larger than 5MB?

If it’s not clear from the app’s API documentation, it might be worth using a tool like Postman to see if you’re able to send the exact same request without running into the same error. If you do get the same error then it’s likely down to a limitation with the app’s API. 

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rpblock 

Please post a screenshot of the Zap step that is encountering the error to give us more context.