Best answer

Redirect after for submission

• 3 October 2023
  • 6 replies

I am trying to recreate the action from this video 

Everything is working until I get to the “Data Forwarder”. I can’t find an equivalent in Zapier. Anyone have any idea on how to perform a 303 redirect in Zapier?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 October 2023, 02:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CGCS 

Good question.

Which form app is being used?

Think of Zaps as backend (app to app or server to server) automations.

Redirects are front end browser based controls.

Pulling the data from a ninja forms submission. Running an api call in Zapier, then attempting to send that data back to the form using the 303 redirect like the video.

I’ve usually find a way to accomplish the tasks I see in videos like the one posted but havent seen anything similar in Zapier so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CGCS 

Help article for Ninja Forms redirect action: https://ninjaforms.com/docs/redirect-action/

Thanks for the reply and your help.

I’m able to do a normal redirect without issue, what I need to do is grab the info from the form submission, send it Zapier to grab some additional info based on their form input before returning it back to Ninjaforms to redirect with the new info.

The video illustrates what I’m trying to achieve.

1. Get data ‘X’ from the form
  2. Send to Zapier and perform API call using ‘X’ to return “Y’, ‘Z’
  3. update redirect url with X, Y, and Z
  4. Use updated url to redirect the user by sending it back to Zapier to complete the action
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CGCS

The Webhooks app can be used with app APIs: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

But I’m not aware of a similar redirect app/action in Zapier.

I appreciate the help. I haven’t anything either. I have seen a few other question that seem to be looking for something similar. I’ll keep watching.