Question

Reading Emojis in File

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! I am trying to build an RSS item that pulls text from a file in Google Drive. I used the Webhook as described in another help article, but there’s a small issue.  My text file includes an emoji on each line. (It’s a list of upcoming sports events and each line has the corresponding emoji to make it easy to see at a glance.)  

When I pull the text, I get gibberish for the emojis. Is there a way around this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dbraz18 

Good question.

That’s likely due to the encoding of the emoji in the file.

Can you post a screenshot of the data output that you are trying to work with?

Sorry I haven’t gotten back to this. By the time I saw your response, I had changed my script and now I’m trying to tackle my problem in a different way. 

Essentially my goal is to include “upcoming events” for the next three days in my RSS email on Mailchimp.  I can get the data into a Google Document in text format, but I don’t think I can use Zapier to grab the contents of the document.  I can grab the new rows from a Google sheet with Zapier, but it grabs each row separately and I’m not sure of how to get that into a single RSS item that could be included every day.  Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dbraz18 

Try using Formatter > Utilities > line item options.