Question

Pull WooCommerce Order notes

• 5 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am trying to send a failed order email to users and provide the informartion from Square in the notes but there seems to be none of the notes data available?  Is that the case?  this is the note left by squre on a failed order I want to use to give the customer more information.  No failed order info goes to the customer so it’s cumbersome to handle these manually.  I is easy to send them a note that it failed but adding the extra “why” would be useful

in order notes:

Square Payment Failed (Status code TRANSACTION_LIMIT: Authorization error: ‘TRANSACTION_LIMIT’) Order status changed from Pending Payment to Failed.

I was hoping to pull that and send a snippet of that info to them

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @CColotti!

Am I right in thinking that you’re using the Square New Order trigger? It looks like we receive a notes field with that trigger - when you look at the trigger test data, can you see a notes field, even if it doesn’t have the information that you need?

I know that there is more information about payment status in the New Payment trigger, if you’re looking for information on why a payment might have failed, that could be a better trigger for you. If you take a look at this trigger, can you see the information that you need?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Turns out I forgot that GET webhooks only return the last entry for testing.  I had to add a loop in there to pull the rest and then filter out all the ones I don’t need.

No I am using the Woocommerce Zapier integration with the new WC order trigger.  While the WC API supprot pulling the order notes, the OM4 integration does not retrieve that data.  So I had to create a new API key and use the native WC API call with the loop:

https://woocommerce.github.io/woocommerce-rest-api-docs/?shell#list-all-order-notes

Userlevel 1

Hi @CColotti! Im trying to do the same, included Order Notes in my message in Slack for Order Failed alert.

Could you share more about your custom solution? Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@SOMA Breath sure here you go:  

https://zapier.com/shared/40deecda08861f385838864757d4b09d474c5e4e

The premise is once the order fails you can actually call the WC API directly to get the notes, but it’s not “perfect” however it works.  You will need to look at the WC API docs, but you can get the idea.  Hope that helps.

Userlevel 1

thanks @CColotti ! I will check this ✌ 

I am trying to send a failed order email to users and provide the informartion from Square in the notes but there seems to be none of the notes data available?  Is that the case?  this is the note left by squre on a failed order I want to use to give the customer more information.  No failed order info goes to the customer so it’s cumbersome to handle these manually auritine reviews.  I is easy to send them a note that it failed but adding the extra “why” would be useful

in order notes:

Square Payment Failed (Status code TRANSACTION_LIMIT: Authorization error: ‘TRANSACTION_LIMIT’) Order status changed from Pending Payment to Failed.

I was hoping to pull that and send a snippet of that info to them

To accomplish this, you'll need to check the integration settings and documentation of your e-commerce platform or the plugin you are using to connect with Square. Look for options or APIs that allow you to access order information, including order notes.

If the order notes are not readily available in the integration or plugin, you may need to explore custom development or consult with the support team of your e-commerce platform for further assistance. They can provide guidance on accessing the specific data you require, such as the "Square Payment Failed" note you mentioned, and incorporating it into your email notifications to customers.