Skip to main content
Question

POST in Webhooks by Zapier works but also errors

• 3 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I have Apps Script code in a Google Sheet that creates and sends an email. I have a Zap triggered by a new Jotform submission that adds form data to the Google Sheet and then ultimately uses a POST in Webhooks by Zapier step to run the Apps Script create/send email job.

Everything works as planned. The email sends successfully and is the last step of the Zap. However, every time the Zap runs I get the following error:

I’d rather have this false negative than an actual error, but we track error notifs, and I’m worried all of this noise will result in us missing real errors. Can anyone help?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NickelsYang 

Maybe try using an error handler: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/22495436062605-Set-up-custom-error-handling

Hi @Troy Tessalone are you saying to just accept that there will always be an error and use a custom error handler so it doesn’t cross Zapier’s error ratio threshold?

The POST in Webhooks step always errors, but the step is clearly working because the email is firing successfully in Google Sheets.

So a custom error handler doesn’t seem practical for me because there’s no further step I need upon “Success” and the “Error” I’m encountering doesn’t actually reflect a functional error in my process (because the email is firing).

Any other thoughts? Is this something to troubleshoot in Google Apps Script instead of Zapier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NickelsYang 

For us to have context about the error, we would need to see screenshots with how the Zap step is configured in EDIT mode.

Sure @Troy Tessalone See below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NickelsYang 

Is the GAS configured to send a response?

Also, wondering if you need to add Headers.