Question

pipedrive customfields numeric id's

• 17 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi in an the article  from march https://zapier.com/blog/updates/2270/new-pipedrive-integration

it was mentioned that:

"in this update, we've made some major changes to deal-related features. Now, Zapier will return human-readable text for custom fields in Pipedrive. Previously, we could only return numeric IDs, which made it harder to determine which field was which. ”

But for other data from pipedrive, organizationfields, personfields, productfields etc, we still get the "numeric id's” back

Is there a paln to add this down the road, and what is the propper workaround to decode the data currently without making a big hardcoded lookup table for each field in code by zapier

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Jeff Thorns 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Jeff Thorns 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Hi I’m also in contact with support. But I expect that I have to make due with the current limitations. So i'm hoping someone has a better workaround then my hardcoded js lookup table, since it is a issue that others also have.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Jeff Thorns, dealing with IDs is a pain but it’s real easy to find the values. Simply visit the Pipedrive API Reference page to find it. 

Here are the steps: 

1. Enter your API token. You can find your API key in Pipedrive by Personal Preference

2. Select from the list of Endpoints that you’re looking to locate the value or ID

3. Find the Get all and then Click “Run endpoint” to find all the values and IDs.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Nate 

Yes, I'm aware of that but doing this for alot of values isn't as easy. I can get an array of all the values and all the numeric id’s for all the fieldsbbut because there are fields without options they are left as null and sadly zapier romves nulls in the incoming array, and no way to fix this without using a external method.

Leaving me with the options to

1 create a huge zap that does a api call for every field.

2 make a hard-coded lookup table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Jeff Thorns!

Did you ever manage to find a solution to your issue? If so, we’d love to hear about how how you tackled it! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Jeff Thorns!

Did you ever manage to find a solution to your issue? If so, we’d love to hear about how how you tackled it! 

Hi, i haven't found a dynamic solution for it yet sadly

my solution until then is a hardcoded js filter that loops through all the custom field id’s and spits out an hard coded value,

I'll probably gonna use a other tool like n8n to do the job since it doesnt touch raw data. until then I'll be waiting for a zapier solution….

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Jeff Thorns!

Hi, i haven't found a dynamic solution for it yet sadly

my solution until then is a hardcoded js filter that loops through all the custom field id’s and spits out an hard coded value,

I'll probably gonna use a other tool like n8n to do the job since it doesnt touch raw data. until then I'll be waiting for a zapier solution….

I might found something that maybe works, the new loop action has a option for trim whitespace, and it seems from my first test when i input the option id and option label with trim whitespace set to false it might work!