Question

Persistent JSON Parsing Error in ChatGPT

• 4 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Help! I get this error 60-75% of times I use GPT-4 on the ChatGPT app for Zapier. Simply writing an email based on the data from other Apps (no other apps have errors, all variables have value.) There is simply nothing I can personally do about this! I have seen other threads saying it is ‘fixed’, but it is not!

Please advise how I can fix this issue.

Upon attempting to test the email, it ends with an error saying. 

Failed to create an email in ChatGPT

Error parsing JSON: The data returned from the model is not valid JSON.

I have not messed with any other values other than the prompt itself. 

Thanks - Please advise!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PepsiSardines 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for your response. It is a fat prompt but GPT-4 should be able to handle it.

Purpose of Zap: To fetch my data and make a summary for my morning.

NO OTHER OpenAI (GPT-3) Apps in this ZAP have any errors. It is just the main ChatGPT (GPT-4) APP that has this issue.

I hope OpenAI is not charging for the erred replies.

Note: I have been playing around with the token cap since I originally posted. The cap was originally at around 3k. I have found a slightly better success rate with a higher cap, but I think that is just a coincidence because it doesn’t succeed consistently.

Let me know if you can help!

I am not sure what happened to the rest of the pictures I attached? Is there a limit per post? Anyway, here they are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PepsiSardines 

You may want to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help