Question

Passing 'registrant attended meeting' in Zoom so I can tag the lead in Kartra

• 18 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to create a webhook by Zapier link to Zoom (and build a Zoom market place app) so I can pass over information about whether someone attended a meeting or not.

believe it or not, this was easy in Pabbly Connect but not so easy in Zoom (well I can’t get it to work!)

Has anyone done this and can they outline the steps I need to take to make it work.  I keep getting stuck when I copy the Zapier webhook URL and try and validate it in Zoom (it always fails).

Any thoughts?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Rob Da Costa,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It seems like you've already been in touch with our Support team about this. Here's the latest response they provided:

We have 2 options here which is to set up a Webhook Trigger. Please take a peek at the link here - https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-webhooks-zapier

The second option is to set up an app on our developer Platform - https://zapier.com/platform. This requires software developer skills.

Does this help at all?

I recommend continuing the conversation with our Support team.

Thank you for understanding.

Userlevel 1

Yes I did get a reply but it didnt really help (so have reached out again with this info):

Unfortunately, that didn’t help. Let me explain…..

I am trying to set up a Zap that passes information if someone attends a meeting in Zoom. I know I have to build an app in the Zoom Market Place and use Webhooks in Zapier but when I did this in Pabbly (I have just switched from there to Zapier) I needed to share a secret token from the Zoom app with the webhook before I copy the webhook URL from Zapier and then validate (which worked fine in Pabbly). But I don't know where to put the secret token in Zapier webhook?  When I try and validate the Zapier URL in Zoom, it always fails (see screenshot: Zoom app screen).  I have also included the screenshot from Pabbly showing where you pasted the token – I assume this is why the Zoom validation is failing because I haven’t pasted this into Zapier?

Can you explain how to do this  (it was easy with Pabbly Connect!)?