Question

Multi-Part Form to upload document to ConnectWise from Cognitoforms

• 30 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to upload a PDF of a completed online form from Cognitoforms into a company record in ConnectWise Manage (PSA) and I don’t think Zapier is properly formatting the data. Please see the two example screenshots. Is there something I am missing in the setup in Zapier to make the form data look like what I get in Postman (that works just fine, btw). In Zapier, I get a message out the RecordID missing, but I feel like it’s because the output from Zapier is not formatted properly. Again, see the pics.

The images are coming from the Webhook Tester site.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ddaftech 

For us to have full context, we would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

It’s configured as a POST for a Webhook. See attached.

Userlevel 1
  1. Prospect completes Cognito form
  2. Prospect Company record created in ConnectWise
  3. URL path generated by Cognito to PDF of the prospect’s answers
  4. PDF copied needs to be added to Company record created in Step 2

There are other steps, but those are the big ones that pertain to this integration error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ddaftech 

We would need to see how Step 10 is configured to have true context.

Userlevel 1

Were the four screenshots I posted earlier not good enough?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ddaftech 

OBSERVATION: Check that you don’t have a leading extra space in the URL

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Check that the file link is a publicly accessible direct download link.

Can you provide screenshots of the ConnectWise API endpoint docs that you used to configure the Zap action step?

Userlevel 1

What does any of that have to do with how Zapier formats the multi-part form request? 

The Help article URL you sent is too basic to help and the URL I did a screenshot of was a paste of a paste and the extra space was not the problem. The issue is how Zapier formats the information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ddaftech 

Can you provide screenshots of the ConnectWise API endpoint docs that you used to configure the Zap action step? (It requires a login to view.)

Userlevel 1

Attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ddaftech 

Some options to try…

Try setting another Header for: Content-Type = multipart/form-data

The API may expect recordId as the first data parameter passed in the Data.

You may have to try using a Custom Request (POST) with JSON in the Data Body.

Userlevel 1

The “recordID” was first in the list originally. I’ve moved them all around hoping to find an answer.

I added the Content-Type header and it didn’t help.

I wouldn’t have to do the JSON if Zapier worked properly.  Is there a reason it isn’t formatting the output correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ddaftech 

Try changing the Header to the specified format. clientId

This statement explain the issue with how Zapier is handling the data from Cognitoforms and formatting it for ConnectWise Manage. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue Get scarlet iOS:

1. Check Data Mapping: Review the data mapping settings in Zapier to ensure that all necessary fields from Cognitoforms are correctly mapped to corresponding fields in ConnectWise Manage. Ensure that the PDF attachment from Cognitoforms is being properly handled and sent to ConnectWise Manage.

2. Verify Data Formatting: Confirm that the data format being sent from Cognitoforms to Zapier is compatible with the format expected by ConnectWise Manage. This includes ensuring that field types (e.g., text, date, file attachment) are consistent between the two platforms.

3. Handle Record ID: Address the issue of the missing RecordID by verifying how ConnectWise Manage expects to receive this information. If the RecordID is required for creating or updating records in ConnectWise Manage, ensure that it is included in the data sent from Cognitoforms to Zapier.

4. Test with Sample Data: Use sample data from Cognitoforms to test your Zapier workflow and observe how the data is being formatted and processed at each step. This can help identify any specific issues or discrepancies in the data flow.

5. Review Zapier Logs: Check the logs or error messages in Zapier to see if there are any specific errors or warnings related to the data formatting or mapping process. This can provide valuable insights into what might be causing the issue.

6. Consult Zapier Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Zapier's support team for assistance. They can provide expert guidance and troubleshoot the problem further to help you resolve it effectively.

Regard,