Question

Monday & Zapier: Returning Column ID so I can update a Column

• 24 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here’s what I am trying to do: I have multiple outside apps such as Acquity + Twliio that I need to use zapier to be able to update certain fields or give an update.

For example, when someone reschedules or cancels their appointment, I need to update the column in Monday of what happened. 

The only way I can see to update is by having the Column ID. But I cannot figure out how to return the Column ID so I can update a specific item. 

What I have done so far is be able to return the column with all the data. But there is no column ID (I even added in Monday Column ID but it does not show in zapier). 

Anyone have a solution for this? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alexadagostino 

Try turning on Developer Mode in Monday Labs: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002138760-What-is-monday-labs-

This will show the Monday Column ID.

Example

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, sorry to be clear I am trying to get the ROW ID not the Column ID. 

So I did this code below (I find out on another post) and it worked… however the zap won’t turn on because I think not all entries are satisfying the condition and it is returning a “no value found”. Any idea? 

TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined

const API_KEY = "xxxx",
      boardId = 984828080;

const sendRequest = async (payload) => {
  const response = await fetch("https://api.monday.com/v2/", {
    method: "POST",
    body: JSON.stringify(payload),
    headers: {
      "content-type": "application/json",
      authorization: API_KEY,
    },
  });

const results = await response.json();

return results;
};

const getItem = async () => {
  const query = `
      query {
        items_by_column_values (board_id: ${boardId}, column_id: "email_1", column_value: "${inputData.email}") {
          id
          name
        }
      }`;

const response = await sendRequest({
    query,
  });

const results = response.data['items_by_column_values'][0].id;

return results;
};

const response = await getItem();

output = {
   id: response
};

​This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alexadagostino 

Did you try using this Monday Zap action to find the desired Row?

If found, the Item ID will be returned.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone yes I did but Row ID is not included. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alexadagostino 

If there is an Item found, it will return the ID for the Item.

EXAMPLE

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone wow. I’m smacking my head lmao

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone  nope same issue. Everything works and it says its good to go but then errors with

Unfortunately your Zap Consultation & Discovery Call Cancellation could not be switched on. Please try enabling it again, and if you still experience issues, get help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alexadagostino 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured for us to have more context.