Question

Monday & Google Contacts Troubleshooting

• 22 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I am trying to automatically create a contact in google contacts using information created in Monday.com. I receive questionnaire responses from our community that automatically populate into a board I have created. However, the webhook within Monday doesn’t always pull all of the information necessary (first name, last name, email, etc.) and the google contact isn’t complete. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some contacts are complete and others are not, all information is in Monday and there are not empty columns or rows. I’d love any help you can provide.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tamuvolleyball 

To help us have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined.

It may be that you need to use a different Monday Zap trigger.

Due to having to cross out a lot of information in Monday, I’m not going to put the screenshot in here. But on my end, all of the information is showing up. I just don’t know why the “data out” from Monday is not the same as what is showing in Monday. Is this more of a monday issue? or is this a trigger issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tamuvolleyball 

The Zap will trigger the instant a new Monday Item is created.

If the info in the columns is not populated on the Monday Item as part of the Monday Item creation (e.g. via a Monday Form), then the Monday Item column data would be missing when the Zap Runs.

If Monday Item column data is populated after the Item is created, then that would be considered an “updated” Item, and a different Monday Zap trigger would need to be used.

All columns are required upon form submission, they can’t be left blank. Should I set up an additional zap to account for “updates” to the columns? I don’t know enough about Monday and the submission process - would it take an extra second to fill in all the columns (there’s 35-40 of them)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tamuvolleyball 

Depends on how the data is being input for the Monday Item.

e.g. Was it submitted via a Monday Form, was it manually typed into each column separately, etc.

Perhaps configure a Monday Automation Rule to change another column value once the conditions are met for the data to be sent to GContacts.

Then you can use this Zap trigger:

It is through a Monday Form. Okay, I will try that extra step and then see if the specific column value trigger works. 

Thank you