Best answer

Monday.com Board ID not found with Python code step

• 20 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to access a board’s ID through Zapier’s code (Python) action.

The Python code that checks the type of issue (as a status) and links it to an ID that will be used to assign the issue to a board based on the linked ID.

When I do this, I get the ID just fine, but the problem is that Zapier’s Monday.com system isn't recognizing it. There should be more columns, but there isn’t.

With code, and broken columns.
How it SHOULD look, based on the structure of the actual board.

The IDs are the same, but it’s not coming through. Is this a Zapier limitation, or is this a problem on my end?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 February 2022, 02:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Agiel Mitchel 

Since each Monday Board has different Columns with different internal IDs, trying to dynamically populate the Monday Board values means the Zap step doesn’t know which Monday Board columns to return since it could be different depending on the variable value.

Try instead to use Filters in separate Zaps or Paths in 1 Zap to route accordingly and configure your Zap steps for the Monday action.