Question

Menu creating with an API

• 22 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello to everyone I want to create a zap that with my results search engine website select the recipe you like send to post on new page to format a dishes menus.

The search engine in place already grab all my created recipes, I need an API then can select the text and picture of the dish , post and display it on a new page where they can be printed, downloaded, or send it to an email address.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @dago 

If you can already grab the metadata, texts, and images, you can write javascript within Zapier with Code by Zapier step and generate HTML page out of it and then post the HTML as a wordpress post to your website. However writing the javascript will require quite some time.

There’s one more way which is using Airtable and pushing your recipe data there, and making the Airtable base public or a website using softr.

Thank you for your answer robschmidt, the recipes are all in the website coded with HTML, the engine already grab all the recipes and picture of the dishes, can Zapier generate a new html file page inside my yahoo editor and posted as new window page, where the visitor at this point can choose to download the page with the selected recipes, or send it, or printed or copy or share it?

I am pretty new two coding but this type of application has been in my mind for some times right now and you just give me a great help, I will try with Zapier to do this Javascript code, thank you again 

Hi @dago 

If you can already grab the metadata, texts, and images, you can write javascript within Zapier with Code by Zapier step and generate HTML page out of it and then post the HTML as a wordpress post to your website. However writing the javascript will require quite some time.

There’s one more way which is using Airtable and pushing your recipe data there, and making the Airtable base public or a website using softr.