Best answer

Making calls to external API: Error message "No query string was present"

• 1 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Not sure what I’m doing wrong but I keep getting a return error when posting to this api. I’ve attached a screenshot of the docs. I’m currently using webhooks and posting the data to the api url. What should the raw data look like?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 February 2021, 20:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ahoffman1994 

What app API are you using?

Can you provide screenshots of how your Zap webhooks steps is configured?

I’m actually using code by zapier. Not really sure what app API means (not incredibly tech savy) but the api interface is in graphql. 

Here is the code:

query = {"query":"mutation ( $input: AcceptDeliveryInput!) { acceptDelivery(input: $input) { clientMutationId, delivery }}",
        "variables":{
         "input":{
           "deliveryId":"123",
           "padding":"15",
           "clientMutationId":"test",
        }
       }
      }

requests.post("insert url",
                  headers={"Content-Type": "application/json",
                           "Authorization": "insert token"
                  },
                  data=query
              )

@Troy Tessalone Please see above messages. Also, If I were doing it through the webhooks app then It would look like this - still getting the same error message “no query string was present”.

thanks for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ahoffman1994

Every API request needs to include a URL to know where to send data and for what endpoint of the API.

@Troy Tessalone I hid the URL and authorization token for security reasons. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ahoffman1994 

Since it’s still unknown what API you are using, try doing a GSearch for that app API and “no query string was present” to see if there are any help articles or documentation that may help you resolve the issue.

@Troy Tessalone the API is from ezCater. I’m happy to send over the documentation if that would help as well.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ahoffman1994 

ezCater API docs: https://catering.ezcater.com/help/querying-the-public-api

Questions? Contact api_support@ezcater.com

@Troy Tessalone I’m using a different API of there’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ahoffman1994 

Might be best to reach out to the ezCater email address for additional support for their API.

Questions? Contact api_support@ezcater.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ahoffman1994 

Can you share a link to the api docs? That would be helpful to check for the syntax ezCater is looking for