Question

MailChimp to create Outlook Calendar Invite

• 30 May 2023
  • 0 replies

A previous poster asked this question from this post but I’m still confused on the answer that was provided. I have a very similar issue and was wondering how Zapier can be used with Mailchimp to send end users with a pre-made Outlook calendar meeting/event request to mark Accept, Tentative, or Deny. How do you use a Zapier webhook URL and what would that look like? Can someone provide step-by-step instructions please? Thanks so much!

Context:

Question:

I’m tasked with leveraging MailChimp to send a newsletter email while also sending an Outlook or Teams Meeting invite so it populates the end users Outlook calendar with a request to mark Accept, Tentative or Deny. Is this possible? We’re not looking to apply an attachment .ics file or have them click a RSVP button in the email newsletter, we want them to have a calendar entry in their Outlook Calendars similar if the email was sent from Outlook.

Answer:

You can build a webhook URL (from webhook by zapier) with containing email address variable as URL parameter. Then just add the URL in your newsletter where people can click on the link and you can use the webhook as a trigger to setup an Outlook event via Zapier.

The webhook will look like hook.zapier.com/****?email=%person_email%

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.