Question

LinkedIn Leads to Pardot using Zapier with Webhooks/Formhandlers

• 29 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I have set up Zapier to create/update a prospect on Pardot whenever a LinkedIn lead gen form is filled out. 

The way this works--->

A Zap has been created on Zapier. I have the LinkedIn app connected to a Webhook app, the Webhook will then post the form details to a formhandler on Pardot. Whenever a LinkedIn lead gen form is filled out I will also receive an email (automation on the form handler)

Unfortunately sometimes a Prospect is not being created/updated - I found this out by  downloading the LinkedIn Leads from LinkedIn.

I am really struggling with why I am not getting the prospects created/updated on Pardot. I have checked field mappings etc and everything seems fine from that side. Im wondering if I am missing something else or if anyone else has come across similar problems?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Timmy17 

Good question.

You can troubleshoot by checking your Zap Runs for activity and issues.

You can see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi Troy,

For the LinkedIn leads that are not appearing on Pardot, i checked the Zap history and there is no mention of the missing leads….wondering is this a failure on the LinkedIn side of things or something else?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Timmy17 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured?

Help article for using LinkedIn Ads in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/linkedin-ads/help

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Sorry for the late reply on this, we’re still having issues. I have stripped the Zap back to only post the email address to Pardot but I am still having missing LinkedIn Lead Gen form submissions. My Zap looks like this:

Like I said theres no information of some of the missing for submissions on the Zap history, so would this potentially be an issue on the LinkedIn side of things not connecting with Zapier? I have checked LinkedIn and i have all the required permissions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Timmy17 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured from the Zap Edit mode?

Can you link to the Pardot APIs docs you used to configure the Zap step?