Skip to main content

its a action application in zapier i have used xero as an action app which is fetching new quotes from an organization and making it an object for each order i want to use api request(beta) inside lead connector to post that directly to my crm that creates an opportunity.   

@TitanWashing 

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged properly: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thank you @Troy Tessalone 

@TitanWashing You should be able to accomplish that with the webhook action. Not much different than the API Request action. Use a zap (maybe code) to grab the token from whatever table you’re storing it in and then pass that to the webhook action.

The reason I’m personally not a fan of the webhook route is because it looks like you need to register a custom app with LeadConnector to be able to generate the oauth token. The appeal of the API Request action for me was that it’s supposed to handle the generation of the token for you automatically since the zap is persistently connected to the account/location you choose. I imagine zapier must have code under the hood that’s generating the token every 24hrs so that these leadconnector zaps work. There must be a breakdown somewhere of passing that token they are already generating to the API Request action. Thoughts?

Hey all, I just got word back from Zapier that their app is referencing GHL’s API 1.0 (https://public-api.gohighlevel.com/#dac71866-cddd-48e9-ba77-99fd293594fa). Change your endpoints to those referenced in 1.0 and your API Request actions should work.

Problem is, GHL’s API 1.0 has been sunset and is no longer supported. They (GHL) have advised to stop using 1.0. We really need Zapier to get onboard with 2.0. 

@TitanWashing yep, you’re right -- I should have tested myself before responding here. Sorry about that.

Referencing the V1 endpoint returns: 

Domain did not match expected domain filter(s) `api.gohighlevel.com,services.leadconnectorhq.com`.

It looks like LeadConnector is denying calls to V1 endpoints. Using api.gohighlevel.com returns not found and services.leadconnectorhq.com is the V2 endpoint that requires the oAuth token.

What I’m not clear on is if LeadConnector is denying calls to V1 endpoints, then that implies the Zapier integration is using V2 for all of their current actions, no? If it’s using V2, then we shouldn’t be getting the Invalid JWT response when we use the API Request action is used. Only other scenario I can think of is Zapier <> LeadConnector have a private integration that still allows the V1 endpoints to be called.

@TitanWashing Confirmed Zapier is using a private API for the integration. The API Request action will not work.

Only option is the webhook action. I think you basically need a way to generate and store the latest Oauth token and use that in your zapier webhook. Would be curious to hear whether you have created a simple way to generate and store these oAuth tokens.

I have created a private-use app in the GHL developer marketplace. I have also coded a process into the authorization landing page for this app that creates custom values in GHL to store these tokens. Additionally, I have an automation in GHL that updates these tokens every day and pushes the updated tokens out to a table in Zapier automatically. Now if Zapier could get setup to use the new Oauth for GHL’s API v.2 these tokens would come in very handy. As-is I have found workaround through some private apps and webhooks to do most of what I need but native integrations are always preferred when available.

Super helpful. Very much appreciate the thorough response. +1 that the API V2 is used and that we can use the API Request action with it.