Best answer

Is there anyway to see what API calls a Zap is using to create new records in a connected/integrated application?

• 20 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there anyway to see what API calls a Zap is using to create new records in a connected/integrated application? For example, could is there any way to see what API call was used to create a new record in an App.

icon

Best answer by Todd Harper 22 April 2023, 06:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Not explicitly, but you can always infer this by:

1. Looking at the name of the Zapier action and comparing it to the available API calls in the app’s documentation, and/or
  2. Looking at the data the Zap returned and comparing it to the data that should be returned as stated in the app’s API documentation.

Of course, when developers create a Zapier app, they could potentially create custom API calls that aren’t included in their public API documentation, so there’s a chance the equivalent API call doesn’t even exist (at least not publicly).

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh, just seeing your other post with some more information about the specifics of your use case. Will reply over there.

Userlevel 1

I was worried that I would not be able to access the ‘create a service request’ API call. I guess I don’t understand why it isn’t a public call. It is the only record type in AgencyZoom’s documentation that cannot be created through API calls. Yet, it is somehow on Zapier. Thank you for confirming the problem. At least I won’t stay hung-up on finding a solution.