Question

Invalid value for phone number column

• 3 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have suddenly and recently received two errors related to the phone number column in my Zap that has prevented them from going into Monday. This has only recently happened with all of my previous Zaps working with no issues. Can anyone assist with this? Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

To follow up on this. I was informed the fields in Monday where my form inquires have been going to has recently been moved to another location in Monday. Could this be the cause for the error?

What do you mean by “another location”? Is it still on the same board? If that’s the case, it shouldn’t affect the zap.

This looks like a data type error. Have you changed that on Monday?

Whatever has happened, Monday doesn’t like the data that Zapier is throwing at it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

To follow up on this. I was informed the fields in Monday where my form inquires have been going to has recently been moved to another location in Monday. Could this be the cause for the error?

Hi @DrewS75, I don’t think that’s the issue, since the Board ID is static and should stay the same no matter where the board is located (and the specific error you’re getting tells me that it found the board and just couldn’t update it).

It’s odd that this just started happening, because it looks like the phone number is formatted incorrectly. You’re sending a JSON object with an empty string as the phone number and the full phone number as the country short name, but Monday expects the phone number to come in one of the following formats (for US phone numbers):

"{\"phone\":\"+12025550172\",\"countryShortName\":\"US\"}"
"{\"phone\":\"12025550172\",\"countryShortName\":\"US\"}"
"{\"phone\":\"2025550169\",\"countryShortName\":\"US\"}"

Since you’re posting this in the Code & Webhooks area, I assume you are using an HTTP call to access and update your board instead of the built in Zapier integration? If so, can you copy/paste your code here (or paste a screenshot of the webhook’s setup action in the Zapier editor?
Also, this may help: https://developer.monday.com/api-reference/docs/phone

Userlevel 1
Badge

When I said location, I mean’t the Board ID. It was changed to a new one and now that I have edited the Zap and pointed it to the new Board ID, it seems to be working correctly. It was just strange that the error wasn’t more specific and acted as though it was related to the phone number.