• 8 February 2021
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

I am always getting this message when testing my Instagram → Discord zapier

I dont receive a message on Discord

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 March 2022, 17:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gamedevregensburg!

Looking at the error codes on the Discord Dev portal, it confirms the message text; a 50027 error is Invalid webhook token provided

If you haven’t already, you could start by checking the Discord help doc: Intro to webhooks

If that doesn’t help then getting in touch with the Discord help team will be the best course of action as they can take a look at your token to see if there’s something specific that isn’t right. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @gamedevregensburg!

Looking at the error codes on the Discord Dev portal, it confirms the message text; a 50027 error is Invalid webhook token provided

If you haven’t already, you could start by checking the Discord help doc: Intro to webhooks

If that doesn’t help then getting in touch with the Discord help team will be the best course of action as they can take a look at your token to see if there’s something specific that isn’t right. 

Zapier seem to fail making a webhook when connecting by discord. its probably on zapier’s end as the error isnt from Zapier’s webhook option but its discord trigger. This isnt a way to add it manually so it useless as is now.

Im having the same problem.

Userlevel 1

Hi @gamedevregensburg!

Zapier seem to fail making a webhook when connecting by discord. its probably on zapier’s end as the error isnt from Zapier’s webhook option but its discord trigger. This isnt a way to add it manually so it useless as is now.

Im having the same problem.

just tried it in another server and it works. so it fails on that one server for some reason. ignore my last message

Userlevel 1

Removing all “Channel Follows” from a channel fixed the problem. seems you can only have one or the other.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am having the same error but with google calendar instead. I don't have any "Channel follows" to remove so I don't know what to do next. This zap worked for 2-3 months and suddenly stopped yesterday.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am having the same error but with google calendar instead. I don't have any "Channel follows" to remove so I don't know what to do next. This zap worked for 2-3 months and suddenly stopped yesterday.

This happened to me too, I fixed it by removing all channel webhooks (Dyno somehow got there). Hope that helps.

Userlevel 1

This happened to me too, I fixed it by removing all channel webhooks (Dyno somehow got there). Hope that helps.

Unfortunately it did not work :( 

I tried removing all the webhooks and also turned off all other Zaps as well. I even tested in a new server for tests. But I always get "Invalid Webhook Token code: 50027"

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Felipe! I’m sorry to hear that you’re still running into this issue! 

If the suggestions here didn’t help, it may be best to contact the Zapier Support Team using the Get Help form. If you let them know the trouble you’re having and what you’ve tried so far, they’ll be able to have a closer look at your Zap with you. 

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue as well. Was fine since october. Stopped working since May 2021.

Very frustrating

Me too. Zap worked fine for a year then stopped working within the past week. Can’t be a coincidence!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bigboss - I see you were in touch with Support a few days ago and Miguel suggested some troubleshooting steps to try. If those didn’t do the trick, please let them know via the email thread and they can continue to assist!

@meglets - sorry you are encountering this too. Please reach out to Support as they can determine next steps according to your Zap configuration to get you squared away!

I’m having the same issue - also just happed in May.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JWB 

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue as well. We do know that there is an existing bug where you can't send messages using existing webhooks owned by a user (only new ones created by the Zapier bot). I’ve added you as an affected user on this bug, which lets the team know how many people are running into trouble because of it and we will send you an email when we have an update. 

You can also try out some of the suggestions that other folks have found helpful, above. I hope that helps!

I am having the same issue. Last time it worked was May 31st

I am having the same issue. Last time it worked was May 31st

Everything was working just fine until then. Everything the Zapier integration uses was created by zapier when I setup the integration.

I’ve tried a few different things and it still does not work. Let me share what I did, so we can troubleshoot:

• Removed “publishing” or “channel follows” feature from our announcements channel. Didn’t change anything
  • Kicked Zapier from the server, removed the connection in my Zapier account and then re-authenticated. Didn’t change anything
  • Gave Zapier the highest permission role and moved the role up to the very top of the server roles. Didn’t change anything

All of the above still returned “50027 Invalid Webhook Token”.

I have one active webhook on the server for Mee6. This is from 2019 and waaaay before the Zapier connection was added. Nothing has changed for that connection and nothing new has been added since.

@Danvers @Liz_Roberts got any other creative suggestions?

Ps. I tried creating a new server and added the Zap to this server instead. That worked. 

Userlevel 1

It still happends, i wanted to create a simple bot, but this error blocks me

EDIT: A added it to a new fresh server and it works, but i need it on my main server so please repair this!

@Danvers @Liz_Roberts Looks like there’s a pattern given lanis’ reply above. 

Zapier works on new servers but not the existing connection. Is it a cache issue somewhere?

Removing all “Channel Follows” from a channel fixed the problem. seems you can only have one or the other.

how do i do this?

how do i do this?

nevermind, i fixed it

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey all! It appears that this issue is still ongoing but thought it would be helpful to summarise the known workarounds that folks can try here:

1) Remove Channel Follows

According to Discord's help doc here, channel following uses webhooks so it may be that those channel follows are interfering with the webhook the Zap creates. 

2) If removing channel follows doesn’t work/isn’t possible

Do you have any other bot webhooks for the channel setup? If so, you may need to remove the current webhooks, set up the Zapier webhook, and then rebuild the other webhooks like so:

• Turn your Zap off
  • Remove any other webhooks that your other bot was using (make a note/take a screenshot of their setup first)
  • Then, reconnect your Discord connection to Zapier again here: https://zapier.com/app/connections
  • Turn your Zap back on
  • Check if a new webhook has appeared for the channel
  • Finally, trigger the Zap again to see if the bot is able to post a message to Discord
  • Once that’s done you should then be ok to rebuild the previous webhooks in Discord