Skip to main content
Best answer

Incomplete Subitem data through webhook automation

Good morning, I need your help, I am trying to obtain the data of a Monday subitem in Zapier through webhooks, the webhook gives me the information of the subitem but incomplete, it gives me several IDs but none of the item that I obtain as such, if I could obtain the item ID could have access to do that without problem. Do you know why the webhook gives me incomplete information?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Focushub 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the returned data.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your answer, I uploaded pictures of the data that the webhook gives me and all the data that my subitem have

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Focushub 

Are you trying to say that the Monday webhook data about the Subitem does not include the parent Item ID/Name?

You can try using this Zap action: Change Multiple Column Values

Leave all the optional fields as empty.

Make sure Override Empty Fields is set to off/false.

That should return the details about the Item/Subitem.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your help, Troy. You are the real MVP

Userlevel 1
Badge

After a test was done with the solution you proposed it worked perfect, I was getting the details of the row I needed. By accident I changed the action but reverted the changes to how everything was when it was working but for some reason it doesnt work anymore, the only thing that the action "get subitem values" returns to me is "true" that I am assuming is because it finds the record but I've checked everything and I cannot find why it doesnt give me the values anymore

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Focushub 

From the screenshots it’s unclear which Monday action event you are using.

Userlevel 1
Badge

sorry, I already sent it to you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Focushub 

Check if the Item ID has any Subitems.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The ids of the subitems have data but they are not shown, I have tried several times and it no longer works, it does not show me the emails

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Focushub 

Using an example, does Item ID 6708984401 have Subitems?

If the Item ID exists, but the Item ID has 0 Subitems, then you will get found = true along with no other data returned.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Already solved, thanks for the help, sorry I didn't thank you before.