Best answer

Inbound email attachment expiry

• 1 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I noticed that inbound emails linked to webhooks can process attachments as direct links to Zapier.

I was wondering if anybody knew how long the email details and attachment link would be valid for?

(e.g. if I store this link in my DB and try to access that file in a year from now, would it still work?)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 October 2020, 01:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here’s the response I got from Zapier Support about this topic:

Are you looking at this from a dev perspective, or as a customer (as it can be different, based on how a dev uses our hydration routines.) I'll try to cover both.

If you are a dev, and using stashing, these s3 links/files will live for 30 days - more on that process here: https://github.com/zapier/zapier-platform-cli#stashing-files. As a customer, these links would also live for 30 days... :smile:

If your app or the app you are using doesn't stash a file, then you won't see an S3 link, but a hydration object, and that time is less than a week, but also the file it points to might only be available for even a shorter time (it would be up to the app to determine).

Userlevel 1

Here’s the response I got from Zapier Support about this topic:

Are you looking at this from a dev perspective, or as a customer (as it can be different, based on how a dev uses our hydration routines.) I'll try to cover both.

If you are a dev, and using stashing, these s3 links/files will live for 30 days - more on that process here: https://github.com/zapier/zapier-platform-cli#stashing-files. As a customer, these links would also live for 30 days... :smile:

If your app or the app you are using doesn't stash a file, then you won't see an S3 link, but a hydration object, and that time is less than a week, but also the file it points to might only be available for even a shorter time (it would be up to the app to determine).

Thanks @Troy Tessalone , regarding the Hydration Object is there a guaranteed minimum retention period?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That’d be a question for Zapier Support, but when in doubt, don’t count on it, and better to host somewhere you know will retain the files.