Question

Importing a large list onto a Python code

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Zapier Community

I am running a Python code on Zapier and know that I cannot use libraries beyond the native ones.

I am trying to import a list of strings that I use on the Python code as ONE huge string, which is a concatenate of all rows in a mySQL database. This long string doesn’t need to be regenerated every time, it will not change. 

To generate this list on mySQL workbench I use the code 

SET @@group_concat_max_len = 3000000;
SELECT group_concat(reference_field SEPARATOR ',')
FROM Items;

Which doesn’t work on Zapier, I’m guessing it’s SET function that Zapier is not liking because without i, the concat field works fine. But since the total length of the list of strings is ~3M characters, I need this SET function. 

I was also exploring storing the list of string values (or huge string value) in another file and using it in my Python code. But I can’t figure out what’s the best way to store a list of value (HTML, JSON,??) and how to import that onto Zapier so that it doesn’t look at the individual values but as a whole very lengthy string.

This is the error that I am getting retrieving the row on mySQL.

This is what I am trying to achieve on the database field:

Note that I cannot iterate over the list because of the 30 second max runtime of Zapier (again we’re talking about ~50k rows and ~3M characters).

Thanks a lot!

Elsa

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.