Question

I want to use Zapiers built-in triggers and templates with my own OAuth Access Tokens.

• 18 October 2023
  • 5 replies

I want to use Zapier’s built-in triggers and actions using OAuth access tokens from my own customers, without having them create a Zapier and connect their account there. Instead, they'll connect their 3rd party account (for Slack, Twitter, Google Sheets, etc) in my own app, and I'll pass in the access token programmatically.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @affinidi 

Please clarify your question.

I'm developing an app where users will be able to log in and access various Zapier templates. Currently, when users select a Zapier template, they are redirected to Zapier's website and are required to create an account there. Instead, I'd like to implement a system where users are authenticated on Zapier through my app's authentication provider. This way, they won't need to register separately on Zapier, and their usage can be billed directly to my Zapier account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@affinidi 

That is likely against the Zapier Terms of Service:

(E) otherwise use the Service or Software outside of the scope of the rights expressly granted herein. You agree to use the Service and Software only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sub-license or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@affinidi 

Have you explored creating a Zap app on the Zapier Developer Platform?

https://developer.zapier.com/

yes I have created Zap app but as per my understanding this will just be another connector or integrator and oauth settings on my app will be used for getting or pushing data out of the app which is created on zapier . But my requirement is quite different