Question

HTTP Request with Webhooks by Zapier - Connection timed out

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi community,

I'm encountering an issue with sending an HTTP request via Zapier, and I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some guidance or solutions.

Here's the situation: I'm trying to send a specific HTTP request to an external service using "Webhooks by Zapier." The exact same request works perfectly when sent through Postman, but when I attempt it on Zapier, I consistently receive the following error:

('Connection aborted.', ConnectionError("('Connection aborted.', error(110, 'Connection timed out'))"))

I've also reached out to Zapier support for assistance, but unfortunately, they were unable to help resolve this issue.

Would anyone have suggestions on what might be causing this problem, or any troubleshooting steps I could try? I'm wondering if this could be related to how Zapier handles connections or if there’s something specific to Zapier’s configuration I might be missing.

I’m open to any ideas or if anyone has experienced something similar and could share their insights.

Thank you so much for your help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sam Renov 

We would need to see screenshots with how the Zap step is configured to have more context about what may be causing the issue with the timeout.

Help article about timeouts in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496246377357-Fix-timeout-errors-in-Zaps

Hi,

You can find in attachment my screenshots.

The request is a POST and I put the same informations in POSTMAN and ZAPIER.

Thank you for your help.

Sam

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sam Renov 

You may need to set Headers.

That will depend on the API docs being used to configure the Zap step.