Best answer

How to utilize the Custom Webhook for Patch API Calls

• 13 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

we are currently trying to connect our Sendinblue CRM with our Typeform website to automatically create companies, contacts and deals in our CRM.

Unfortunately, Sendinblue only allows to update Company Data over the “Patch” API Call which requires Zapier users to work with API Call Code. I have create working Zaps with POST Webhooks, but the custom Webhook with PATCH seems to be much harder to get working.

Since I do not have enough development experience I wanted to reach out and ask how exactly / what exactly put into the “Data Field”? The full API Call Code would be:

curl --request PATCH \
     --url https://api.sendinblue.com/v3/companies/id \
     --header 'accept: application/json' \
     --header 'api-key: APIKEY \
     --header 'content-type: application/json' \
     --data '
{
     "attributes": {
          "domain": "New Value",
          "industry_branch": "New Value"
     }
}
'

So i am basically dynamically providing the company id so it calls the right API endpoint (with the company ID attached), provided the API key (which i removed due to security concerns) in the  and also want to update the attributes of the company. 

Unfortunately when running the Test, Zapier responds with 
“Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier
The app returned "Invalid JSON or invalid request parameter types".”

Here is a screenshot of my defined Zap:

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 February 2023, 16:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AIMunich 

Good question.

Remove these from the Data field.

Add the header to the Headers section below the API Key

Userlevel 1

Hello Troy,

Thanks a lot for your quick response, and yes, you were able to help me out with my problem. Once I made your suggested changes, it worked! Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!

What is strange tho is that the API response is not that optimistic; The Zap page shows me:
“No data was found

Please test your action again.”
On the API Documentation side (which also shows a history of successful/failed API calls) the successful call is not listed.

But changes are effectively done and stored in the system, so I assume the response from the API is not properly managed by the UIs