Skip to main content
Question

How to use Zapier with Sanity CMS?

• 3 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello there, I am a JAMSTACK developer & I want to use zapeir for automating things for content creators who are using sanity cms (Headless CMS). Can you guys help me out with this & give me the steps to make that thing happen?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @vriya 

I don’t see Sanity CMS listed as a public app integrated with Zapier here: https://zapier.com/apps

Perhaps try doing some GSearches on the topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vriya! @Troy Tessalone is right that there’s not an existing integration for Sanity/ Headless CMS. 

If you can share a little more about what you’re trying to do then folks in the Community might be able to suggest some ideas of where to start? For example, what kind of things do you want to automate? Do you know if you can use the Sanity CMS API to send/receive webhooks?

Userlevel 1

Hi @vriya@Troy Tessalone is right that there’s not an existing integration for Sanity/ Headless CMS. 

If you can share a little more about what you’re trying to do then folks in the Community might be able to suggest some ideas of where to start? For example, what kind of things do you want to automate? Do you know if you can use the Sanity CMS API to send/receive webhooks?

Thanks @Danvers  & @Troy Tessalone for your quick response on this! Yes, we can use Sanity CMS API to send/receive webhooks. I just wanted to automate the cross posting behaviour for blogs. So that, whenever I publish the blog, it will ask me whether to publish it on social media platforms, if confirm by the user then it will post it to listed social media platforms in zap. I hope you got my idea here..

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It sounds like you could create something like this using an app that we have in beta called Approval by Zapier

Approval by Zapier creates an ‘approval inbox’ and when an Approval by Zapier step runs in your Zap, it adds an item to that inbox for you to approve (or not). This isn’t able to show you a pop-up when you publish something, but you could set up the Zap so that it sends you a link to the approval inbox when you have something to approve. This video shows more about how the app works: Approval by Zapier demo

I hope that gets you pointed in the right direction!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vriya!

Were you able to create the workflow that you need using the Approval by Zapier integration? Or perhaps you found another way?