Best answer

How to use Python to extract value from unparsed webhook payload?

• 2 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to create a python regular expression that will search through an unparsed webhook:

{"Opportunity":{"Client Name" :"Mike DevTest","Client Email":"sample@gmail.com","Primary Contact":"Mike DevTest","Event Start Date/Time" : "12/24/2021 4:00 AM","Event End Time":"6:30 PM","Event Location":"Houston","Event Type":"Wedding","State" : "TX","Venue" : "Virtual Chicago","Additional Musicians" : "false","Cocktail Music" : "true","Dinner Music" : "true","Grand Piano Shells" : "false","uplights" : "false","mini piano shells" : "false","projector" : "false","Wedding Ceremony" : "false","Evening Entertainment" : "true","DJ Services" : "true","Type Of Ensemble" : "Dueling Pianos","Primary Owner Email":"sample@gmail.com","Primary Owner Mobile":"(555) 555-555","Salesforce Id":"0068F000002G5quQAC","Added To PIP":"true","Date added to PIP":"3/1/2022","Amount":"1700.00","Performers":"2","Lead Photographer":"true","2nd Photographer":"true","Lead Videographer":"false","2nd Videographer":"false","Client Time Zone":"MT","Studio Time Zone":"ET","Studio Start Time":"12:30 AM","Studio End Time":"1:30 AM","Inbound or Generated":"Generated","Piano Man":"true","Rocket Man":"true","Great Balls of Fire":"true","Main Service Interested In":"Photo"}}

I want it to return the value for the “Salesforce Id”, which would be 0068F000002G5quQAC

Can someone help me with that regular expression?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 March 2022, 01:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gregp 

Try this JavaScript Code step:

let RAW = inputData.RAW
let SFID = RAW.split('"Salesforce Id":"')[1].split('"')[0];

output = [{SFID, RAW}];

NOTE: This doesn’t use REGEX, rather it uses 2 split methods to isolate the desired value.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I appreciate your help very much!

Not sure if I did this right, but it is giving me a syntax error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gregp 

This is JavaScript, so you’ll need to use the JavaScript Code step.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Yes, you clearly said that the first time and somehow my brain managed to not pick up on it.  ;) Thank you very much!  The javascript solution works perfectly!