Question

How to put a binary file in a body using Webhooks?

• 30 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Can someone help replicate this in Zapier using Webhooks. 
Also, if anyone has tips on how to convert a pdf file to binary, that would be helpful. You see, the url only accepts binary files in the body of the request. 

Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Tyson! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Would you mind linking to the specific apps API you’re working with and outlining what it is you’re looking to achieve? That may help the Community troubleshoot with you! Looking forward to seeing what the squad can come up with for you. 🤗

If you mean the documentation - here’s it - https://developer.filevine.io/docs/v2/b3A6MjIxMDIyMTQ-upload-document

But i just need help with this specific step. 
Mainly -  
1) How to PUT a binary file in the body and send it over to a url (it works perfectly in postman)
2) And how do you convert a hydrate or normal pdf to binary, if applicable. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tyson!

If you have the ability to create a public URL for the binary file, you can add it as an object in the body. The Webhooks by Zapier step will receive this which you can then map it to any of your downstream steps.

If one of your downstream steps has a File field, you can map the URL there and the Zap will perform the hydration/dehydration for you.

Can you give this a shot and see if it works?

Hi @JCB_ , 

Thanks for your reply, i have a public url of the pdf file i get from the esign genie trigger, but im not sure how to convert it to binary file and as you can see in the documentation, they need a binary file, do you know of any app or step in Zapier that can help us achieve this. 

It is also important to note that in Postman that i can do that in Postman by a pdf directly