Skip to main content
Question

How to populate Freshservice requester records with data from HRIS or iDP

• 23 August 2024
  • 0 replies

Hi Zappers,

I’m trying to get employee data out of our HR system and/or Directory Service to import it into Freshservice to update requesters.

I know the API query (below) to make to update a requester in Freshservice, but note Freshservice needs you to input the ID of the requester you need to update at the end of the URL, the below example 888.   

curl -v -u api_key:X -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X PUT -d '{ "first_name":"Ronald", "last_name":"Weasley","time_format":"24h" }' 'https://domain.freshservice.com/api/v2/requesters/888'

I don’t know how to firstly look up the requester in Freshservice, then do an API query based on that, can anyone help with ideas please? I have toyed with Line Items and Looping by Zapier, and think i’m on the right lines but can’t quite crack it.

I think the rough order of what I need is:

1. Export all employees from the HR system into Zapier to CSV
  2.  Connect Zapier to Google Drive to grab CSV
  3. Parse the CSV in Zapier to extract each employee’s e-mail address and Name, which hopefully can be used to look up the requester in Freshservice 
  4. Look up the requester ID in Freshservice
  5. Look up the Line Manager’s requester ID in Freshservice
  6. Craft an API command per employee to update their Freshservice requester record

I’d be grateful for any help. 

Be the first to reply!